Friday, October 5, 2012

Mommy Makeover Challenge Day 5 - The End.

Today is the last day of the challenge for me.  I am cheating and quitting after 5 days because we have two birthday parties this weekend and I have ADD so something has to give.  Speaking of something giving, I didn't get dressed today.  I have had a headache for two days and after several weekends of birthday parties my house was a disaster area.  So I wore my yoga pants and tank top and cleaned.  Guess what?  I made my bed!
See, we aren't total slobs
But I did brush my teeth, wash my face, and generally cleaned up my person this morning.  Call me gross but sometimes these things don't happen until just before lunch.  It felt good to be comfortable and get things done while not feeling like a total gross pile.  I am starting to realize that maybe I have been neglecting myself some and perhaps the makeover for me was really about my attitude.  After dinner Gideon insisted on going on a walk (this usually involves crying at the front door, much like our dog does).  Usually I let them go out without me, using my lack of acceptable clothing as an excuse, but this time I actually went and put on jeans and a bra.  We walked around the block and I even got to carry my snuggly boy all the way home.  Don't get me wrong, I see no problem with Mac and Giddy getting some alone time while I get a 20 minute break at the end of the day, but I would rather it be because I want to rest, not because I don't have a bra on.

BTW, there are a few of you who I know might be interested in trying this out.  You can check out the other participants, peruse the rules, and get to know the Naptown Organizer herself here: http://thenaptownorganizer.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment