Friday, September 30, 2011

8 months old

Two days after the birth of Miss Maliyah, Gideon turned 8 months old. Seeing the two of them next to each other blew my mind. How can he have ever been that small and when did he get so big? I couldn't help but think back to Gideon's birth and those first few weeks with a newborn. There were some very seriously rocky moments but it was all worth it. I am finally to a point where I can look back and see the high points as well as the low points. Hopefully someday the bad parts will fade, but even if they don't it will be okay because we have this little guy. Here is our Giddy Boo on his 8 month birthday.



So what is he up to these days? He loves to eat and has tried green beans, peas, bananas, apples, pears, carrots, parsnips, plums, nectarines, avocado, peaches, butternut squash, acorn squash, and sweet potatoes and he seems to love them all. He eats puffs and drinks from his sippy cup but he does neither without help. He doesn't crawl but he can roll anywhere he pleases. He is extremely chatty, to the point that I hardly even notice when he is babbling anymore, because somedays it is nonstop. He loves to swing. He is biter, you have to be careful (I have not been and have some bruises on my shoulders because of it). He has 4 teeth and is working on many more. He wears 9 and 12 month clothes and is all around a giant. Best of all he loves to snuggle with blankies and stuffed animals and mommy.

I feel like there is much, much, more but really no child can be summed up in a paragraph. Long story short he is the best and I think we will keep him!

No comments:

Post a Comment